Snapchat recently launched its new AI feature, My AI. My AI is powered by OpenAI technology, integrated to enhance user experience. While the AI is designed to assist users with different tasks, there are concerns over data security and privacy issues. If you are a user who is worried about AI’s intrusive role in the app’s functionality, worry no more. In this article, we will take you through a step-by-step Guide on how to delete Snapchat’s AI.
What is Snapchat My AI
You may have come across news stories discussing ChatGPT, but if you haven’t, feel free to check out our comprehensive guide on the topic. ChatGPT is an advanced artificial intelligence engine capable of crafting stories, delivering jokes, and providing informative responses to user inquiries. In addition to its similarities with virtual assistants like Alexa, Siri, or Google Assistant, ChatGPT takes things a step further by engaging in conversations in a more natural and human-like manner.
Snapchat has incorporated a version of ChatGPT into its app, naming it My AI. This feature is presented as a new chat option, allowing users to engage in extended conversations that emulate the experience of conversing with a genuine person. The AI is also designed to assist users with different tasks, from answering trivia questions to suggesting dinner recipes. In addition, users can personalize their experience with My AI by giving it a nickname for easy interaction. Snapchat AI is powered by OpenAI’s ChatGPT technology and is guaranteed safe for users.
How to access My AI on Snapchat: Step-by-step Guide
My AI used to be exclusive to only paid subscribers of Snapchat+, a paid subscription service costing $3.99/month. However, Snapchat has recently made My AI available to all its users. All users can now receive messages from the chatbot and access the conversation at any time from the Chat screen.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to find and use My AI on Snapchat:
- Open the Snapchat app on your device.
- Swipe right from the Camera screen to access the Chat screen.
- Look for the chat with the name “My AI.” It should appear as a new chat.
- Tap on the chat to open it and start a conversation with My AI.
Snapchat My AI Not Working: How to Fix it
Users unable to access the My AI chatbot can follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue.
- Ensure that the Snapchat app is up to date by checking for updates on the Play Store (for Android users) or the App Store (for iOS users).
- If the update doesn’t resolve the problem, restart the app. Clear it from the device’s memory and relaunch it.
- After restarting the app, check whether the My AI feature is available.
If restarting the app doesn’t resolve the issue, clearing the app cache may help. The steps to clear the app cache may differ depending on your device.
For iPhone users:
- Open your device settings.
- Locate and tap on the Snapchat app.
- Select the option to “Clear Cache.”
- Restart the app and check if My AI becomes available.
For Android users:
- Long-press the Snapchat app icon on your home screen or app drawer.
- Tap the “i” or “App info” option in the pop-up menu.
- Look for the “Storage & cache” or similar option.
- Select “Clear cache” from the available options.
- Restart the app and see if My AI is now accessible.
If none of the solutions mentioned above resolve the issue, you can reach out to Snapchat’s support for further assistance.
Is Snapchat My AI Safe?
Like other AI assistants such as Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant, My AI is designed to assist and entertain users. However, because it is still an experimental feature, users are advised to take any advice or information provided with caution and to verify it independently before acting on it.
Snapchat acknowledges that the responses provided by My AI may sometimes contain biased, incorrect, harmful, or misleading content. Therefore, the company advises its users to independently verify any advice or information provided by My AI before taking any action. In addition, Snapchat encourages users to refrain from sharing confidential or sensitive information with My AI.
“We’re constantly working to improve and evolve My AI, but it’s possible My AI’s responses may include biased, incorrect, harmful, or misleading content. Because My AI is an evolving feature, you should always independently check answers provided by My AI before relying on any advice, and you should not share confidential or sensitive information.”
Despite this, My AI offers a unique and engaging experience for Snapchat users looking for assistance or entertainment. Whether you’re looking for advice, trivia answers, or just a friendly conversation, My AI is available to assist you in a fun and engaging way.
How to remove Snapchat’s My AI from your Chat feed
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Swipe left from the Camera screen to access the Chat screen.
- Press and hold the “My AI” chat.
- Select “Chat Settings” from the options that appear.
- Tap on “Clear from Chat Feed”
Alternatively, you can try the following:
- Launch Snapchat.
- Tap on your Bitmoji located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the settings icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to “Privacy Controls”.
- Tap on “Clear Data”.
- Select “Clear Conversations”.
- Find “My AI” and tap the “X” located next to it to remove it from your Chat Feed.
Frequently Asked Questions on My AI
Snapchat’s My AI is an artificial intelligence chatbot integrated into the Snapchat app that assists users with different tasks.
To access My AI on Snapchat, you need to open the app, swipe right from the Camera screen to access the Chat screen, look for the chat with the name “My AI,” and tap on it to start a conversation.
If Snapchat My AI is not working, you can ensure that the app is up to date, restart the app, or clear the app cache. If the issue persists, reach Snapchat’s support for assistance.
While the AI is designed to entertain users, Snapchat acknowledges that the responses provided by My AI may sometimes contain biased, incorrect, harmful, or misleading content.
To remove Snapchat’s My AI from your Chat feed, you can press and hold the “My AI” chat, select “Chat Settings,” and tap on “Clear from Chat Feed.” Alternatively, you can go to your Bitmoji, tap on the settings icon, scroll down to “Privacy Controls,” tap on “Clear Data,” select “Clear Conversations,” find “My AI,” and tap the “X” to remove it from your Chat Feed.
Introducing My AI, Snapchat’s newest feature that users can access for free to enhance their overall experience on the app. However, for those concerned about data security and privacy, it is possible to remove My AI from the Chat feed. Users are advised to exercise caution when interacting with the AI and independently verify any advice or information provided.