Are you an ASUS laptop user wondering how to screenshot or capture those exciting on-screen moments? You’re in the right place!
Importance and utility of screenshots on ASUS laptops
Screenshots are a valuable tool for capturing and sharing information on your ASUS laptop. Whether you want to save an important document, share a funny meme, or troubleshoot technical issues, screenshots allow you to showcase what’s on your screen. They eliminate the need for lengthy explanations and allow you to communicate more effectively.
Understanding the keyboard layout and shortcut keys for screenshots
Before diving into the different screenshot methods, it’s crucial to familiarize yourself with the keyboard layout and shortcut keys on your ASUS laptop. Different models may have slight variations, but the primary keys to remember are “Print Screen (PrtScn)”, “Windows”, and “Alt”.
Alternative methods for capturing screenshots
Apart from using the keyboard shortcut keys, there are alternative methods available for capturing screenshots on your ASUS laptop. These methods include utilizing tools like the Snipping Tool, Windows Game Bar, third-party apps and extensions, and the built-in Snip & Sketch app. Exploring these alternatives will help you find the method that suits your needs and preferences.
The 4 Easiest Methods to Screenshot on ASUS Laptop
In this section, we’ll unveil the four simplest techniques to screenshot on your ASUS laptop. Whether you’re rocking a ROG, Vivobook, or Zenbook, these methods work seamlessly on Windows-powered ASUS laptops.
Method 1: Using Keyboard Shortcuts
Keyboard shortcuts are a quick and efficient way to capture screenshots on your ASUS laptop. Here are three common keyboard shortcuts you can use:
- Capture the Entire Screen: Simply press the PrtScn key. The screenshot is saved to your clipboard, ready to be pasted into an image editor or document.
- Save Directly to Your PC: Press Windows Key + PrtScn simultaneously. The screenshot is automatically saved in the “Screenshots” folder within your “Pictures” library.
- Capture an Active Window: Use Alt + PrtScn to capture only the active window. Paste it into an image editor or document for further editing.
Method 2: Using Snipping Tool
The Snipping Tool is a built-in Windows utility that provides more flexibility in capturing screenshots. It allows you to select specific screen areas in different forms, including rectangular, freeform, or window-specific selections. To use the Snipping Tool:
- Press the Windows key, type “Snipping Tool” into the search bar, and select the tool from the search results.
- Choose the desired capture mode from the toolbar: Rectangular Snip, Free-form Snip, Window Snip, or Full-screen Snip.
- Click and drag the cursor to select the area you want to capture. For Rectangular Snip and Free-form Snip, you can adjust the selection before finalizing it.
- Click “New” to start a new screenshot.
- The captured screenshot will open in the Snipping Tool window, where you can annotate, edit, or save it. To save the screenshot, press CTRL + S or select the “Save As” button that resembles a printer icon.
Method 3: Using Xbox Game Bar
The Xbox Game Bar, primarily designed for gaming enthusiasts, also offers a convenient screenshot capture feature. To use it:
- Press the Windows key + G to open the Xbox Game Bar overlay.
- Click the “Capture” button, which resembles a camera icon.
- The screenshot will be captured and saved to the “Videos” folder within your Pictures library, under a subfolder named “Captures.”
Method 4: Using Awesome Screenshot & Recorder
For a more feature-rich screenshot capture experience, you could consider using Awesome Screenshot & Recorder, a browser extension compatible with Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari. It offers advanced screenshot and video recording capabilities, along with editing and annotation tools. To use Awesome Screenshot & Recorder:
- Install the Awesome Screenshot & Recorder extension on your preferred browser.
- Click the extension icon in the browser toolbar.
- Select the desired capture mode: Visible Part, Entire Page, Custom Area, Full Screen, or Specific Window.
- The captured screenshot will open in a new tab, where you can edit and annotate it using various tools.
- When finished, click the “Done” button to save the screenshot to your computer or cloud storage.
Frequently Asked Questions
If the PrtScn key is not working on your ASUS laptop, you can try pressing the Fn key along with the PrtScn key. This combination is often necessary for capturing screenshots on some ASUS laptop models.
Yes, many of the methods mentioned in this article allow you to capture screenshots of specific areas on your ASUS laptop. The Snipping Tool, in particular, offers various options for selecting custom-shaped or specific windows to capture.
Yes, ASUS laptops come with built-in screenshot tools such as the PrtScn key and the Snipping Tool. These tools do not require any additional software installation and can be used to capture screenshots seamlessly.
To capture a screenshot of a scrolling window or webpage on your ASUS laptop, you may need a specialized app or browser extension. An example is Awesome Screenshot & Recorder, which offers a dedicated scrolling capture feature to capture an entire webpage, even if it extends beyond the visible screen.
Conclusion: Easiest Methods to Screenshot on ASUS Laptops
In this article, we explored different methods for capturing screenshots on ASUS laptops. These methods include using Windows shortcuts, built-in apps, and browser extensions. Each method offers its own unique features and benefits, allowing users to choose the most suitable option. Remember, capturing screenshots on your ASUS laptop not only allows you to save important information but also enhances your communication capabilities by providing visual aids. Explore the methods in this article and choose the one that best suits your needs. Happy screenshotting!